Sunday, September 20, 2009

Shh, did you hear its fall?

The weather forecast is showing a high of 60 tomorrow and I can't wait for a brisk fall morning. I told Jeremy yesterday that if we could find a city that had fall weather year round, I'd move there tomorrow. Fall in Colorado isn't like other states, you head to Aspen to see the golden hues dance in the breeze. (Jeremy and I haven't been up to see the leaves in years, must add to our list for next year.) A leisurely fall day-trip isn't an option right now, work has priority over everything else. I hate it when that happens but I can't complain, we're in a recession and I'm slammed. Good thing, right? Bad thing when it seems to happen at the same time as the only activities I have on the calendar this fall! Next weekend is Katy's wedding and the following weekend we're flying to Atchison to visit family. In the mean time I'm going to be whipping up some cream cheese mints and getting the house in order for fall. If I only I could get my house to look like this, courtesy of PB:


Funny story: when we were younger my parents loaded us up into the car for a trip to the mountains to get our photos taken with the fall leaves. I think I was 7 so Becca would only have been 2. After taking quite the number of photos Dad realized that he didn't put any film in the camera! So after loading up the camera we tried it with a second take! Thank goodness we're now in the digital age!

1 comment:

  1. 60 sounds amazing!!! I miss Rocky Mountain fall weather. It was a stifling 98 here today. Fall comes later here and lasts for a loooong time - no doubt I'm ready for it though. BTW, if you do ever find a place that has fall weather year round, let me know I'll move there too. There is nothing like autumn!

    ReplyDelete