Monday, September 7, 2009

Baking Lady - Killer Brownies

I baked brownies yesterday for the CSU/CU game and thought it would be easiest to share the recipe here as opposed to writing it out for folks. I've been making these for about 7-years and they are killer. They are the perfect mix of cake and fudgy goodness. I can't remember where the recipe came from but its worth putting in your recipe box.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes.

3/4 C melted butter or margarine
2 T hot water (not boiling)
1 2/3 C granulated sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 t vanilla extract
1 1/3 C flour
1/2 t baking powder
3/4 C baking cocoa
1/4 t salt

Combine the melted butter, water and sugar in a mixing bowl. Making sure to blend well, add the eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl combine the salt, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, sift well. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix well until smooth. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake until your toothpick comes out clean.

A few things to note: I've added nuts, peanut butter chips, etc but I really prefer the plain, jane brownie. There is a very broad range in the baking cocoas on the market, the basic Hershey's baking cocoa is my favorite. I don't use a hand mixer or my KitchenAid either, just a great batter spoon from Martha Stewart.

Enjoy and don't blame me if you gain a few pounds after finishing off a pan!
(Photo from Cooking Light)

No comments:

Post a Comment