Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow - where did the week and weekend go? After throwing out my back two weekends ago I spent all last week resting, icing and massaging. I've never had any real pains but WOW, I have so much sympathy for anyone with back problems, including my Aunt and Grandma.

I felt good enough to golf on Saturday at the latest WWGL and it was a much better round than the first time. I shot a 38, not great but so much better than the first round. After I finished I ate some lunch at the club house while I waited for Jeremy and Justin to finish their first round in the Invitational. It was pretty fun to watch his walk up 18, even if they didn't play as well as they had hoped.

I spent Sunday in the backyard planting a few more perennials for the back plant bed. I told Jeremy the other day that now that the plants are looking good, of course the grass looks terrible. I'm hoping that next year the yard will finally come together. After three years the front yard finally is looking good. The grass is green, grasses are growing, the Maple is growing and we added some more lilac bushes. I really enjoy working in the yard, its just unfortunate I have a HUGE BLACK THUMB! It doesn't matter if I continue to kill each item I plant, I still really enjoy playing in the dirt.
Sunday evening I had the pleasure of meeting Bec and Nolan at Belmar for some ice cream. Bec babysat him on Sunday and she promised him to some ice cream. He is the cutest kid and says the funniest things. But I have to say I was so impressed with Bec, she is so good with him. There's a reason Steve and Beth's kids love Bec!


Bec also came over on Friday night where we tried to have some pizza on the patio but the weather didn't cooperate all that well. Bec brought Arnold over since it was his 8th birthday and would you believe that he has a new collar? The collar isn't the standard - its a Coach collar! Who knew Coach made dog collars? He sure is cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment