Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fore!

WWGL
Today was my first tourney in the Working Women's Golf League and boy was it a rough start. Aside from the forty degree temps and constant drizzle I didn't play well at all! It is never a good sign when you start off your round by hitting a great 4-iron into the green that takes a bad bounce only to have it go long into the hazard. The 4-putt didn't help matters. Always nice to start the round with a double par! (Huge groan!!) Once I warmed up (mentally, never happened physically) I was able to at least get one birdie followed a long string of bogeys. Better luck next time and here's hoping next time we get some sunshine and warmer temps!

CCC '09
The Texas gentlemen have made there way to Denver and were treated to pretty miserable conditions yesterday and today. We had a great dinner last night and I was so very thankful I had my mom and Jeremy's mom at the house to help me out. If you've never seen the site of 10 grown men coming into a house lookng for dinner after playing 36-holes it is quite a sight!

John, the trophy and some random autographed shoes from Chucky Atkins.
Jeremy's in the lead so hopefully he can hold on tomorrow and keep the trophy that he absolutely loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment