Friday, July 31, 2009

Into the Kitchen

This article really struck a chord with me this morning.

Jeremy and I do a decent job of cooking at home but I do agree that the more you work the less you cook. I just read Julie & Julia and loved that even if her day was long Julie cooked a full meal. Instead of eating out after a long day, I typically eat a bowl of cereal and Jeremy will have a sandwich. Not a horrible meal by today's standards but still pathetic.

I really love to cook and bake, I just need a plan to keep me on track. I started this weekend off on a good note. In Jeremy's absence I actually made a great pasta dish with roasted chicken, fresh green beans and roasted peppers last night. My typical cereal diet isn't going to work this weekend, not after reading that article. If you can't make a meal for your husband and make it memorable, what's the point in having all of the good gadgets and dishes?

I love my kitchen, even if it isn't Ina Garten's Kitchen of the Year, and am going to start using it to its fullest potential. Here's a dedication to no more store bought pie crusts!

Photo from House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment